By default, when you first open Portal from the landing page, you can see all of the documents or assets in the repository, depending on which view is active, Documents or Assets. If Portal was opened by another application such a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), you might be viewing only the items in the repository that are related to a document or asset in the other application. Only documents in the Masters or Documentation scopes of a repository are available to you in Portal. Documents in a project or that are archived are not available to you. You can use filters to see only the items that meet criteria that you determine.
To view all items in the repository:
- In the menu bar, click the Documents icon or the Assets icon to select the type of item that you want to see. If you selected a different view, the page refreshes to show your selected item type.
- If any filters are applied to the view, click the remove icon in the filter oval to reset the view.
To view only items with specific property values:
- Click Add a Filter, select the names of the properties for the items that you want to see, and then click Apply. The selected properties appear as ovals like this in the filter bar.
- Click a filter oval, select the values for the items that you want to see, and then click Update. The available values are only those that are present for all of your selected properties. The list refreshes to show only the items that match your selected property values. The oval to the right of the view name indicates the quantity of found items.
- Repeat step 2 for each filter.
- Click the remove icon in the filter oval to remove an unwanted filter.
To view only documents that contain specific text:
- Click Add a Filter, select Document Content, and then click Apply. The filter appears as an oval like this in the filter bar.
Click the oval, select a search option, type a word or phrase contained in the documents that you want to find, and then click Apply. The list refreshes to show only the items that match your selected text. The oval to the right of the view name indicates the quantity of found items.
Click the remove icon in the filter oval to remove the filter.
To sort the items list:
- Click the heading of the column on which you want to sort the list. The list refreshes to show the items sorted accordingly. The ascending or descending icon next to the column heading indicates the current sort order. To reverse the sort order, click the heading again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.